MacEwan University’s United Way Committee is partnering with SAMU to collect donations for the Pantry, SAMU’s on-campus food bank for students – and we need your help!
Pop the Trunk
Saturday, September 11, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
109 street parking lot (behind the SAMU Building)
- Fill your trunk with non-perishable goods
- Head to the 109 street parking lot
- Pop the trunk to have your donation collected, contact-free
Suggested items to pack:
- Canned vegetables and fruits
- Canned soups and stews
- Dry goods like rice, pasta, and sauces
- Whole grain cereals, oats, bars and breakfast treats
- Coffee and tea
- Beans (canned or dried)
- Canned fish and meat
- Peanut butter and nuts
- Jams, spreads, and jellies
- Complete mixes (e.g. pancake)
- Baby food
- Hygiene products
The Pantry is an important on-campus resource, providing a secure food source for students in need. Last year, the program provided 517 hampers to 374 students. Last year, the United Way Committee’s food drive raised over $4,000 in groceries to fill the Pantry. That’s 70 hampers containing 10-12 days of food!
This year, we look forward to assisting even more students, with the help of your donations.
For more information on the Pantry, visit SAMUPantry.ca.
For more information on the MacEwan University United Way Committee, including upcoming events in support of the United Way and our students, visit MacEwan.ca/UnitedWay.
From the United Way Committee