Equipment needed: none
Muscle groups used:
- Wall Sit – glutes, quadriceps, calves, hamstrings.
- Tricep Dip – triceps, anterior deltoid, pectoralis major.
How to Perform:
- Partner A begins with back against a wall. Step feet forward and approximately hip width apart.
- Slide back down the wall to assume a 90-degree bend in the knees, holding this position for the duration of the exercise.
- Partner B sets up in front, resting hands on the thighs of partner A. Bending only at the elbows, lower yourself down, keeping back close to partner A’s legs.
- Extend the arms to return to the start position.
- To simplify – Tricep dips – walk feet in closer to you while performing dips for more assistance from the legs.
- To intensify – Wall Sit – lift toes off the ground for increased glute activation, or rest a weight across lap. Tricep dips – walk feet farther away to full extension to reduce assistance from legs, or rest a weight across lap.
If you like working out with other people? Check out Sport and Wellness group fitness classes such as, , or !
Visit our website for our and information on .
by Megan Denholm
Megan is a Bachelor of Kinesiology graduate from the University of Alberta. She is a CSEP-CPT certified Fitness Consultant with the MacEwan University Sport and Wellness fitness team.