Target Muscle Group: Core
- Start lying on your back with arms and legs extended straight up in the air.
- Keeping limbs straight, drop opposite arm and leg back to the floor, stopping just before contact with floor is made.
- Bring limbs back up to start position and alternate with other arm and leg.
- Beware of family pets looking for leftovers and kisses!
- Level 1: Reduce range of motions of limb drop, optional to keep legs bent.
- Level 2: Extend the range of motion and keep legs straight.
- Level 3: Try holding a stability ball with the stationary limbs for some extra resistance.
by Megan Denholm
Megan Denholm is a Bachelor of Kinesiology graduate and is certified with the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiologists as a Certified Personal Trainer. She is also a certified group fitness leader through the Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association. She believes that finding a form of fitness that you enjoy is the key to making physical activity a beneficial part of everyday life. She enjoys working with any individual looking to challenge themselves and achieve their health and fitness goals.