I am writing to advise the university community of several interim organizational changes that will be occurring over the next two weeks.
John McGrath, currently the vice-president, Resources and People, will retire from MacEwan in mid-September. His last day in the office will be September 4. The search for a new vice-president to replace John is underway with an appointment expected by November 2020.
To coincide with this change, the following interim organization is effective September 1, 2020 and will continue until the appointment of a new vice-president.
- Helen Ngan-Paré, associate vice-president, Human Resources, will report to Michelle Plouffe, vice-president and General Counsel.
- Rick Ellis, associate vice-president, Finance and Chief Financial Officer, will be appointed acting vice-president, Resources and People and Chief Financial Officer. During this period, Rick will retain his current responsibilities as associate vice-president.
The following positions will report to Rick Ellis during the interim period.
- Shelagh Hohm, associate vice-president, Information Services and Chief Information Officer.
- Stuart MacLean, associate vice-president, Facilities.
- Kris Bruckmann, executive director, Campus Services.
- Margaret McClelland, senior manager, Office of the Vice-President, Resources and People.
I would like to thank Michelle and Rick for their willingness to take on additional responsibilities during the interim period, and I wish John all the best on his retirement.
Dr. Annette Trimbee
President and Vice-Chancellor