Home » University News

Manual switchboard decommissioned

Due to recent staffing changes at the Office of the University Registrar, significant adjustments have been made to the phone line formally known as “Switchboard.” We have phased out the manually operated switchboard, by replacing it with menu-driven instruction as to how to contact an individual or a specific department at MacEwan.

We have removed reference to “the Switchboard” on our Contact Us webpages. Callers into the 780-497-5040 number now access an automated message, with several options from which to choose. The first instruction directs callers to use the online directory MacEwan.ca/ContactUs. This user-friendly page can be accessed to find contact information for all MacEwan departments and staff. In addition, callers are given the option to enter an extension or choose from a list of nine commonly called departments.

Please note the toll-free number 1-888-497-4622 directs callers to the same menu, so extensions should be included whenever this number is provided or published.

With this recent transition, some departments may experience more misdirected calls than usual. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.

From the Office of the University Registrar