Poor internet connection? Try these ideas
If you’re experiencing connection issues, here are a few things you can try:
- Connect to an Ethernet port. If you can plug into your network, this will always provide you a faster connection than using WiFi.
- Shut down VPN. This is especially important when doing video calls using Webex.
- Reduce ethernet hungry devices. Streaming Netflix shows or playing online game consoles like PlayStations can tax your network.
- Reboot your router (i.e., internet box).
- Run a malware scan. Sophos should already be installed on your work computer, but you can download Sophos for Home for your personal devices.
Technology Support has a limited number of internet sticks for people living in rural areas who need alternative methods of connecting. For more information on improving your wireless speeds, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.