Home » COVID-19 Updates, University News

COVID-19 update: Alberta’s relaunch strategy announcement

The announcement on April 30 regarding Alberta’s relaunch strategy has created much anticipation across the province. Our teams are carefully monitoring the provincial plan and the success of the identified relaunch stages to determine when campus buildings and services can begin to reopen while observing public health measures.

The relaunch strategy will have no change to our plans for an online delivery of Spring/Summer term. In shaping MacEwan’s academic plans for the Fall term, we are considering several possible scenarios. Regardless of the outcome, more online content will be offered in the Fall term than in past years. We are also conscious that not all content is possible to deliver online, and are working to ensure that potential face-to-face instruction focuses on the areas of most need. As they are finalized, these academic plans will also inform operational plans that will be put into place by areas across the university, such as Campus Services and Facilities.

As we receive more information and direction from the Alberta government, we will determine when and which services to open through the relaunch stages. The safety of our students and staff remains our first priority.

While the provincial strategy is welcome news, I must note that the relaunch will take place over several weeks and months, and that there will continue to be impacts on our budget and revenue streams as services on campus remain reduced or closed. I will provide more updates as we make plans for MacEwan’s own relaunch.

Please direct any media inquiries to the university’s media relations advisor, Samantha Power (powers16@macewan.ca).

As always, stay well.

Regards,

John McGrath
Acting President