Home » Student News

Student of Concern

Some of our students may be facing challenges with adapting to an online learning environment, struggling with feelings of isolation, and no longer having on-campus access to student services.

Student Services will be available to students through virtual options during the Spring session, and the Student of Concern team encourages you to promote these opportunities to students enrolled in your course if you notice a decline in their mental health. Here is a list of a few of most commonly used campus services available to students:

During this time, it would be helpful to reach out to students to check on their well-being if you have not heard from them in a while. We understand that students do not always reach out when they are in need of support, so if you have noticed that they have been missing online seminars, discussion posts or not submitting assignments in a timely fashion, it may be a reason for concern. If, at any time, you are concerned about the well-being of a student, please notify the Student of Concern Team to identify, assess, and offer appropriate support and resources to students who may be at risk or pose a risk to others.

Contact us: Student of Concern Team
Brett Farquharson, Manager, Student Life
studentofconcern@macewan.ca
780-497-4575