Home » Employee Info

Important message: payroll deposits for December 31

With Christmas fast approaching, the payroll department would like to remind everyone to take advantage of direct deposit to ensure you receive your pay in a timely manner over the Christmas holidays. We are encouraging all employees to sign up for direct deposit. You can do this by accessing PeopleSoft > Employee Self Service (ESS) > payroll tile > direct deposit. It is the safest, most secure and fastest way to access your employee payments from the university.

As the university will be closing for the Christmas break on December 24 at noon and will reopen on January 2, 2019 at 8:30 a.m., we want to make you aware of some important dates as follows:

PP26 (December 8 – December 21) Pay Date December 31 – all employees who have not signed up for direct deposit will be getting their cheque mailed out on December 24. Payroll Services cannot guarantee timeliness of the delivery, due to Canada Post holiday closures.

If you wish to pick up your paycheque in person, please contact Payroll Services at 780 497-4222 before 10 a.m. on December 23. Pickup location is 10-600 at the University Service Centre (USC) Welcome desk. PLEASE NOTE: If you are picking up your paycheque, you will be required to provide personal identification.

Any unclaimed cheques for those who arranged for pick up, after noon on December 24, will have to wait until we reopen again on January 2 at 8:30 a.m. to pick it up. If we have not heard from you, by end of the day January 2, your paycheque will be mailed thereafter.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Payroll department at (780) 497-4222 or email: biweeklypay@macewan.ca.