Home » Media News Stories

Weekly Media Scan: Oct. 21 to 31, 2019

Faculty in the News

Calgary Herald – Almost sweep for Conservatives in Alberta – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed for this story.

Alberta Primetime – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed about the federal election

CTV – Four things to watch on election night – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed for this story.

CBC – 33 blue and one orange: Heather McPherson holds Edmonton Strathcona – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed for this story.

City TV – Nenshi and Redford not the best option to mend western divide – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed for this story.

CBC – Dr. Andrea Wagner, political science, was on a panel discussion analyzing the federal election results

Fort McMurray Today – Council unanimously approves banning conversion therapy in Wood Buffalo – Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this article.

CTV – Dr. John Soroski, political science, was interviewed about former premier Alison Redford potentially representing Alberta for the federal government

General Stories in the News

Global TV – MacEwan University hosting annual Open House – Justine Dogbe and Brett Farquharson appeared on Global Morning News to promote Open House.

Global TV – Funding cuts to MacEwan University among the highest in the sector

CISN 103.9 – Alberta universities, colleges say UCP funding cuts are ‘significant’

Edmonton Journal – Budget cuts to post-secondary institutions are significant

Alumni in the News

Queen’s Journal – Carter & the Capitals first time in Kingston – All the members met while students at MacEwan.

Edmonton Journal – Brother and sister in Blue: Siblings among latest EPS graduating class – Anthony Bosch graduated from the polices studies diploma program.