Home » University News

SAMU building opens this fall

A message from the SAMU president:

After nearly ten years in the making, it is time to announce that on December 2, 2019, students will be able to walk through the doors of the new Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) building! This building is funded entirely by students, and is the only building on the MacEwan University campus without any academic spaces.

SAMU’s programs and services will now be offered in one centralized location to better serve the student community. Among dedicated spaces for such initiatives, there will also be a two-story event space with premium audio and visual equipment for students to utilize when available.

As per the referendum passed by students in 2015, there will be a $35 building levy fee implemented in Fall 2019 that will go towards the repayment of the building loan.

Thank you, peers past and present, for your continuous support and patience. Opening the doors of this building will mark a new chapter for students at MacEwan University, and I will speak on behalf of my colleagues here at SAMU and say that we are absolutely humbled by the opportunity to share this experience with you.

Remember to visit SamuBuilding.ca for regular building updates.

In Solidarity,

Ryley Osadchuk (they/them)
President, Students Association of MacEwan University