Home » Media News Stories

Weekly Media Scan: Sept. 16 to 22, 2019

Faculty in the News

CBC – Inefficient bureaucracy repeatedly cited in suggestions to cut Alberta’s red tape Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed for this story.

City TV – Anatomy of a scandal Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed about the Prime Minister Trudeau brownface scandal.

CTV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed about Prime Minister Trudeau brownface scandal. The interview begins at 5:40

Star Metro – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed about the Prime Minister Trudeau brownface scandal.

CTV National News – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed about Prime Minister Trudeau brownface scandal. This clip is not available

Edmonton Journal – Battleground Edmonton: City ridings to watch in federal election Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed for this article.

Edmonton Journal – GSA’s: Justice Centre withdraws lawsuit about gay-straight alliance privacy Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this article.

General Stories in the News

Global TV – MacEwan University diversity expert offers insight on Trudeau racist makeup Irfan Chaudhry, director, Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity was interviewed about the Justin Trudea brownface scandal. Irfan also discussed his Common Ground podcast that examines hate and counter-hate in Alberta.

CTV – Hundreds of Edmonton youth join worldwide global climate strike Several MacEwan students participated in the youth rally for climate change efforts to be increased