Home » Media News Stories

Weekly Media Scan: Sept. 9 to 15, 2019

Faculty in the News

Alberta Primetime – Dr. Andrea Wagner, political science, was interviewed about receiving the Jean Monnet Chair and the implications of the current Brexit negotiations. The interview starts at the 26-minute mark.

Global TV – Fake social media bots in Alberta vote hint at dangers in federal elections — Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed for this story.

Airdrie Times – Use of fake media bots in Alberta election coming in federal vote: experts — Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed for this story.

Global TV, CISN FM and 630 CHED – Edmonton a key battleground in 2019 federal election: political scientist — Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed for this story.

Global TV – Edmonton could be a battleground in federal election — Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed for this story.

CTV – Could Tories sweep Alberta in federal election — Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed for this story.

City TV – How can the Liberals and NDP keep their seats in Alberta — Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed for this story.

Edmonton Journal – Battleground Edmonton: City ridings to watch in federal election — Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed for this story.

CBC – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah participated in a panel discussion about the upcoming federal election.

Star Metro – Trudeau makes brief Edmonton stop in a bid to win over Alberta voters — Dr. Chaldeans Mensah was interviewed for this story.

Alberta Primetime – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah appeared on a panel discussion about the federal election. The interview starts at the beginning of the news broadcast.

General Stories in the News

Alberta Primetime – Irfan Chaudhry, director, Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity, was interviewed about the Common Ground podcast that examines hate and counter-hate in Alberta. The segment begins at the 45-minute mark. It’s the final segment of the news broadcast.

Alberta Farmer – You can’t beat the view from these beehives — Stu Anderson, co-inventor of the Flow Hives used in MacEwan’s rooftop beekeeping initiative, and Troy Donovan, MacEwan’s urban beekeeper, were interviewed about the rooftop hives.

CTV Morning News – Leanne Olson, whose exhibition With All Things Considered is now on display at the Mitchell Art Gallery, was interviewed about her art project — the segment begins at 6:47 a.m.

Global TV – Leanne Olson, whose exhibition is at the Mitchell Art Gallery, was interviewed about her installation. This clip is not available