Home » Media News Stories

Weekly Media Scan: Aug. 26 to Sept. 2, 2019

Faculty in the News

Star Metro – LGBTQ academic calls United Conservative minister raising Pride flag ‘hypocritical’ Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies was interviewed for this story.

Alberta Primetime – Dr. Kris Wells did a feature interview about conversion therapy and the city potentially banning the practice  (Interview begins at the 17:20 mark)

Friendly Atheist – Despite religious opposition, Edmonton moves to ban conversion therapy Dr. Kris Wells was interviewed for this article.

City TV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about the upcoming federal election and what people are trying to find out about the party leaders.

Global TV – Dr. Karen Christensen-Dalsgaard, assistant professor, biological sciences, was interviewed about the fires burning in the Amazon, and the impact on vegetation in the rain forest.

General Stories in the News

CTV – Move-in day for MacEwan Residence students Wendy Brost, senior manager, Residence Services, was interviewed for this story.

Global TV – Wendy Brost, senior manager, Residence Services, was interviewed for this story. This clip is not available

City TV – Wendy Brost, senior manager, Residence Services, was interviewed for this story. This clip is not available

CTV Calgary – Calgary Pride selects conversion therapy working group as 2019 parade marshals Dr. Junaid bin Jahangir, assistant professor, economics, was selected as one of the Pride parade’s marshals

Alumni in the News

Red Deer Advocate – Lynn LeCorre’s Alberta Bound exhibit is on at the Kiwanis Gallery LeCorre studied visual communications and display design at MacEwan

Griffins in the News

Lethbridge Herald – Pronghorns men strike late to tie Griffins