Home » Media News Stories

Weekly Media Scan: August 12 to 18, 2019

Faculty in the News

Global TV – Spruce Grove city council unanimously passes motion to explore conversion therapy ban – Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

Global TV National – Liberal justice minister ‘committed’ to criminalizing conversion therapy – Dr. Kris Wells was interviewed about conversion therapy.

CTV – Spruce Grove city council passes motion to explore conversion therapy ban – Dr. Kris Wells was interviewed about the proposed conversion therapy ban in Spruce Grove.

Edmonton Journal – Conversion therapy: controversy swirls as definitions and dimensions remain elusive – Dr. Kris Wells was interviewed about conversion therapy for this special two-page investigative feature in the Journal.

City TV – ‘Hate speech is really what this is:’ violent message scrawled on Pride crosswalk – Dr. Kris Wells was interviewed about a homophobic message written on a Calgary Pride crosswalk.

CTV – Dr. Kris Wells was interviewed about a new craft beer that celebrates pride. The interview starts at the 35 minute mark

630 CHED – Dr. Kris Wells was interviewed about conversion therapy. This clip is not available

CHQT Calgary – Dr. Kris Wells was interviewed about conversion therapy. This clip is not available

Alberta Primetime – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, appeared on a panel discussion about provincial politics. The interview starts at the 9 minute mark

General Stories in the News

Coast Mountain News – City of Saskatoon hit by internet fraud that sends $1M to wrong bank account – MacEwan University is referenced in this story related to the 2017 phishing scam.

Edmonton Journal – UCP blasted for mass appointment to boards and commission – MacEwan’s new chair of the Board of Governors, Carolyn Graham, is mentioned in this article.