Home » Media News Stories

Weekly Media Scan: July 30 to August 5, 2019

Faculty in the News

CBC – Calgary’s decision to bar political parties from parade sets “high standard” — Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this article.

Huffington Post – Alberta political parties latest groups barred from Calgary’s Pride Parade — Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this article.

CHQR Radio Calgary – Pride Calgary bans political parties — Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this article. This clip is not available

CJAD Radio Montreal – Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about conversion therapy. This clip is not available

Canadian Mathematical Society – Tiina Hohn receives the 2019 Adrien Poulet Award — Recently retired, Tiina was a faculty member in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. She received the award for her outstanding contributions to mathematics education.

General Stories in the News

Avenue Magazine – MacEwan University has a master plan to transform itself over the next 25 years — Stuart MacLean, associate vice-president of Facilities, and Myrna Khan, vice-president of University Relations, were both interviewed for this feature article.

Star Metro – United Conservatives extend deadline for Alberta universities to adopt free speech guidelines to mid-December — David Beharry, media relations advisor, is quoted in the article.

St. Albert Gazette – Young people pressured to pick career path — This feature is on Amanda Homeniuk, who is entering the fourth year of her professional communications program.