Home » Media News Stories

Weekly Media Scan: July 15 to 21, 2019

Faculty in the News

CBC Radio International – Governments in Canada act to ban conversion therapy — Dr. Kristopher Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this feature.

Sherwood Park News – Conversion therapy ban notice of motion filed locally — Dr. Kristopher Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this story.

St. Albert Today – Microplastics, macro problem — Dr. Matthew Ross, chemistry, and Dr. David Locky, biological sciences, had their ongoing research about microplastics in Edmonton area-waterways featured in this story.

Post Millennial – Trudeau’s choices in the defence of Quebec’s religious symbols — Dr. John Soroski, political science, was interviewed for this feature.

General Stories in the News

Canadian Manufacturing – Ottawa takes action on food fraud — Minister of Agriculture and Agri Foods Marie Claude-Bibeau was interviewed about the government announcement that was held at MacEwan.

CBC French – Minister of Agriculture and Agri Foods Marie Claude-Bibeau was interviewed about the government announcement that was held at MacEwan. This clip is not available

Alumni in the News

Lethbridge Herald – Intersections between lunar, Antarctic exploration — This op/ed was submitted by Gina Schopher and Austin Mardon. Schoper is a MacEwan alum who writes for the Antarctic Institute of Canada.