Home » Media News Stories

Weekly media scan: July 8 to 14

Faculty in the News

CBC – St. Albert to debate motion on conversion therapy ban Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies was interviewed for this story.

CBC National – What is conversion therapy: An expert explains Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies was interviewed for this story.

Global TV – More people pushing for conversion therapy ban Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies was interviewed for this story.

Global National – Andrew Sheer will ‘wait and see’ before taking stance on Liberal plan for conversion therapy ban Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies was interviewed for this story.

CTV Toronto – Liberals call on provinces to ban LGBTQ conversion therapy, eye federal law changes Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies was interviewed for this story.

City TV – Alberta municipality votes to ban conversion therapy in first for province Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies was interviewed for this story.

National Post – Edmonton-area municipality becomes Alberta’s first to ban conversion therapy Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies was interviewed for this story.

Calgary Herald – [news/conversion-therapy-ban-being-explored-by-calgary-councillors]Conversion therapy ban being explored by Calgary councillors Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies was interviewed for this story.

CBC Calgary – Conversion therapy motion Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies was interviewed for this story. This clip is not available

CTV National News – Conversion therapy ban Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies was interviewed for this story. This clip is not available

Alberta Primetime – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, appeared on a panel discussion about the future of the Alberta Party The interview starts at the 8 minute and 10 second mark

Calgary Herald – Opinion: There is a better way to challenge the federal carbon tax Dr. John Soroski, political science, wrote an op/ed about the federal government’s carbon tax.

630 CHED – Dr. Andrea Wagner, political science, was interviewed about the lack of female provincial premiers in Canada. This clip is not available

General Stories in the News

CBC – New crowdsourced online tool SafeCityYEG maps ‘safe’ and ‘unsafe’ areas of Edmonton Irfan Chaudhry, director, Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity, was interviewed for this story.

Global TV – Irfan Chaudhry, director, Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity, was interviewed about theSafeCityYEG tool. This clip is not available

CTV – City releases map to make Edmonton safer Irfan Chaudhry, director, Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity, was interviewed about the SafeCityYEG tool.

Star Edmonton – Maxime Bernier criticized for posing with members of Northern Guard at Calgary Stampede Irfan Chaudhry, director, Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity, was interviewed for this story.