Home » Media News Stories

Weekly media scan: July 1 to 7

Faculty in the News

Edmonton Sun – Guest Column: Alberta should learn from folly of federal tax increase Dr. Ergete Ferede, economics, had his research report that was published by the Fraser Institute, highlighted in the guest column.

The Epoch Times – Federal Carbon Tax: Court defeats and split decisions Dr. John Soroski, political science, was interviewed for this story.

CTV National – Dr. John Soroski, political science, appeared on CTV National to discuss the upcoming federal election. This clip is not available

Washington Post – Alberta’s new conservative government revisits gay-straight student alliances Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this story.

Edmonton Journal – Stepping into the breach: St. Albert debates ban on conversion therapy after province declines Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this article.

CTV – UCPs ‘Spring of Repeal’ lives up to its billing as session ends Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed for this story.

General Stories in the News

Edmonton Journal – MacEwan University names acting president John McGrath has been named acting president.

Victoria News – Former Royal Roads president calls for new approach to post-secondary education MacEwan’s former president Gerry Kelly was interviewed for this article.

Alberta Primetime – Two MacEwan students, Ashlee Rolheiser and Shawn Waddington, part of Model United Nations Club (MUNC), were interviewed about their role mentoring students in Ukraine. The MUNC is led by Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, who recently took a delegation of MacEwan students to Ukraine. The video clip interview starts at the 36 minute mark