Home » Media News Stories

Weekly Media Scan: April 16-22, 2019

Faculty in the News

City TV – Transgender woman speaks in support of UCP, Kenney Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

City TV – Should the Eskimos change their name? Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

CTV – Council to consider conversion therapy ban Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

CTV – Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about the provincial election results.

Star Edmonton – Edmonton’s LGBTQ community ‘nervous’ but not defeated after United Conservative election win. Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

Tyee – Jason Kenney wins in Alberta, setting stage for fierce conflicts. Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

CTV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about the provincial election results.

CTV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about an RCMP investigation into a UCP candidate.

CBC – Some races to close to call on election night Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed for this story.

Alberta Primetime – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, participated in a panel discussion on provincial politics The interview starts at the 10-minute mark

CTV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, provided analysis of the election results.

CTV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about what the NDP sweep in Edmonton means for the region.

Nature – 400-year-old sacrificed Guinea Pigs wearing colourful earrings and necklaces found in Peru Dr. Lidio Valdez Cardenas, anthropology, had his research project in Peru featured in Nature.

Newsweek – Dr. Lidio Valdez Cardenas, anthropology, had his research project in Peru featured in Newsweek.

Daily Mail (UK) – Dr. Lidio Valdez Cardenas, anthropology, had his research project in Peru featured in the Daily Mail.

Daze Magazine – Inclusive Islam: Lateral violence is not activism Dr. Junaid Jahangir, wrote an op/ed feature on the cancellation of the Pride Festival’s Pride March.

General Stories in the News

Education News Canada – MacEwan University’s record label a win-win for artists and students