Home » University News

Help us recruit peer writing tutors for 2019/20!

Have you worked with a star student this year who displays an excellent grasp of academic writing, academic integrity, and support for fellow students? If so, help us spread the word about our peer writing tutor positions for the upcoming academic year.

Student Success Services is hiring up to six peer writing tutors to work part-time in the Writing Centre. These tutors work with MacEwan students from all faculties and schools to help them strengthen their academic writing skills and develop general study and time management strategies. Tutors will undergo intensive training over the last two weeks in August, during which they will learn about tutoring principles, values, and techniques, as well as adult learning theory, academic integrity, critical thinking and reflection, active listening, communication skills, and more. Then, throughout the year, they will receive ongoing support and instruction as they refine their tutoring skills and practice to offer the best support possible to students in the Writing Centre.

Successful applicants will have completed at least 60 credits, with an overall GPA of at least 3.0 and a GPA of at least 3.3 in writing-intensive courses, and they must have an instructor recommendation. We are accepting applications from students in any program that offers writing-intensive courses (humanities, social sciences, nursing, social work, business, etc.).

Interested students may apply here.