Home » Media News Stories

Weekly Media Scan: April 1–7, 2019

Faculty in the News

Alberta Primetime – Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, appeared on a panel discussion about GSAs in Alberta.

CBC – Quite monstrous: GSA advocates condemn UCP  plan to allow teachers to notify parents Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this story.

CBC – UPC candidate under fire for ‘homosexual love’ comments in 2013 sermon Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this story.

Global TV – UPC candidate in central Alberta under fire over homophobic, anti abortion comments Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this story.

Star Edmonton – Edmonton councillor wants city to ban businesses offering conversion therapy Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this story.

Edmonton Journal – City councillor calls for bylaw change to ban conversion therapy Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this story.

Calgary Herald – Opinion: UCP takes an alarming step back on GSAs Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, wrote an op/ed about the UCPs stance on GSAs.

630 CHED – Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies was interviewed about GSAs in Alberta This clip is not available

Star Calgary – Lake of Fire 2.0? Why UCP bozo eruptions show ‘Alberta at a crossroads’ Irfan Chaudhry, director, Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity was interviewed for this story.

Globe and Mail – Alberta Budget: starring a social worker, and oil crisis and missing billions Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed for this story.

City TV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about provincial polling numbers.

CTV National – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, appeared on CTV National to discuss the provincial election debate.

Alberta Primetime – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, appeared on a panel discussion about provincial politics. This clip is not available

Daze Magazine – Alberta Muslims should support GSAs, especially now that they are threatened Dr. Junaid Jahangir, economics, wrote an op/ed about inclusivity within the Muslim community.

General Stories in the News

University Affairs – Dr. Deborah Saucier appointed a president and vice chancellor at VIU

Inhalton – This is the most expensive city for students in Canada MacEwan University is featured in the story.

Griffins in the News

Lac La Biche Post – Griffins wins ACAC men’s hockey championship