Home » Media News Stories

Weekly Media Scan: March 25–31, 2019

Faculty in the News

Toronto Star – UCP would hit rewind on protection of gay-straight alliances as part of education platform Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

Calgary Star – UCP would hit rewind on protection of gay-straight alliances as part of education platform Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

Globe and Mail – Alberta’s UCP to resurrect old rules around gay-straight alliances if elected Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

Edmonton Journal – UCP education platform reignites fierce debate over GSAs Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

CTV – Questions surface over impact of UCP education platform on GSAs Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

CBC – Advocate says UCP plan to revert to old gay-straight alliance rules an attack Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

CBC French – UCP plan to roll back gay-straight alliances Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

CBC Calgary – UCP candidate under fire for link to Christian group’s belief in conversion-therapy Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

Global TV – Party leaders kick off 2nd week of campaigning in Calgary Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

City TV – GSA debate revived in Alberta Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

Press Progress – UCP candidate falsely claimed Alberta schools let adult men lurk in girls’ washroom Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about this story.

Daze Magazine – Concealing hate by disclaimers is still hate Dr. Junaid Jahangir, economics, wrote an op/ed same sex relationships within the Muslim community.

Gonzaga Bulletin – Vacant deans position set for upcoming year For the School of Nursing and Human Physiology, Vincent Salyers has been appointed as the dean for the upcoming school year.

General Stories in the News

Business Telegraph, U. K. – Students use brainwaves to fly drone

The Engineer – Students use brainwaves to fly drone

Griffins in the News

CBC – MacEwan Griffins end championship season with a touching tribute to former player

ACAC News – The final goal of Ryan Baskerville’s five-year university career will also be his most memorable as it clinched a third-straight ACAC Championship for the MacEwan Griffins.

ACAC News – Displaying masterful poise, shot-making and strategy, MacEwan Griffins women’s skip Ashton Simard led her rink to a silver medal at the CCAA curling national championship.