Home » University News

Opportunity to participate in Dean of Library search

To members of the MacEwan community:

On behalf of the committee tasked with recommending to the President the next Dean of the Library, I am pleased to provide you with this progress update.

Three finalists will participate in the public stage of the search process and will be on campus between March 15 and March 22, 2019. To engage our MacEwan community with the shortlisted candidates, each will make a public presentation followed by a question and answer period, amongst other activities. You are invited to attend all three presentations and to provide confidential feedback following each visit based on your engagement with each candidate. Your eligibility to submit feedback will be confirmed by me, but your feedback will remain anonymized when shared with the committee.

Individual feedback forms for each candidate will be available beginning the date the candidate is on campus. Forms will be available for three (3) full working days following the candidate’s visit, closing at 4:30 p.m. You are limited to submitting one form for each candidate, and you are encouraged to submit feedback immediately following each visit.  You are not being asked to compare the candidates.

Campus Visit Presentations

• Candidate 1:  March 15, 2019, 9 – 10 a.m., Room 9-202
  • Candidate 2:  March 20, 2019, 9 – 10 a.m., Room 9-202
  • Candidate 3:  March 22, 2019, 9 – 10 a.m., Room 9-202

Feedback Forms – Availability

Note: You must log in with your MacEwan University account to access each form; you may need to log out of your personal Google account first. Logging into the portal does not mean you are logged out of your personal account.

If you have problems accessing the feedback forms, please contact techsupport@macewan.ca.  Only one submission may be made per candidate per MacEwan community member. Your response can be typed into the feedback form directly or copied and pasted into the form from a Word document. 

If you are aware of a MacEwan employee who did not receive this message, please have them contact provost@macewan.ca as soon as possible, so they can similarly receive an invitation to participate. 

Dr. Craig Monk
Provost & Vice-President, Academic