Home » Media News Stories

Media Scan: March 4 – 10, 2019

Faculty in the News

CBC – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about provincial politics. This clip is not available

Globe and Mail – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about the Alberta Party.

630 CHED – Dr. Alissa Overend, associate professor, Department of Sociology, was interviewed about what the average person can do to lift up and support the women in their lives as well as the history of feminism.

Star Metro – B.C. and Alberta mayors do not see eye to eye on climate change: study Dr. Brendan Boyd, Faculty of Arts and Science, was interviewed about the research report.

Red Deer Advocate – A ‘relevant’ time to bust myths about immigration Dr. Junaid Jahangir, economics, was the keynote speaker at the ‘CommUnity of One’ event in Red Deer.

General Stories in the News

Cowichan Valley Times – Vancouver Island University has a new president

CBC – New Vancouver Island University president says reconciliation a priority

St. Albert Gazette – Open data and climate change The conference on climate change was held at MacEwan University.

630 CHED – MacEwan University Accounting Club member Saakshi Dhingra was interviewed about the free-tax clinic for low-income Edmontonians and students.

University Affairs – Dr. Heather McRae has been reappointed dean of MacEwan University’s school of continuing education for a second five-year term.