Home » Training

IIRP Restorative Conference Facilitator Training – May 27 & 28

MacEwan is supporting the development and application of restorative practices to continue to grow a healthy community, to respond to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s call to action, “promote a culture of integrity” (ISP, p. 17), and to continue to build a “socially […] sustainable and responsible university” (ISP, p. 15). The new Academic Integrity Policy (July 2018), for instance, provides the option of a restorative resolution of misconduct cases. The new non-academic misconduct policy being developed is pursuing this option as well.

During this two-day training opportunity, offered in partnership with the International Institute for Restorative Practices (IIRP), you will learn how to facilitate restorative conferences — structured meetings that bring together everyone affected by an incident of harm or conflict, to discuss how they have been affected and decide how to repair the harm.

Facilitators: Paul Sopcak (IIRP certified Trainer) and Kevin Hood (content expert)
When: May 27 and 28, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, CCC 7-327
Cost: $50 for MacEwan staff and faculty (value $450 to $600), includes book, training materials, and refreshments.

More information and registration.