Home » University News

Faculty of Nursing: Developing a culture of well-being

The Faculty of Nursing’s Spirit of Well-Being Committee (SWBC) is proud to introduce the Spirit of Well-Being Commitment and Guiding Document to the MacEwan community. Initially created as a working group within the Faculty of Nursing in the spring of 2017, the Spirit of Well-Being Committee aimed to provide leadership, advocacy and support in the promotion of well-being for students, staff and faculty. We are proud to spearhead this important initiative and to foster new ways of being, knowing and doing within our Faculty of Nursing. The Spirit of Well-Being Commitment and Guiding Document is in alignment with the Faculty Of Nursing’s Strategic Priority #3 to promote well-being through celebrating diversity, promoting healthy work and learning environments, and supporting professional and career development.

The initiative and accompanying resources are for all students, staff and faculty within the Faculty of Nursing. It serves as a reminder of our commitment and obligation to be civility champions in our day-to-day encounters in classrooms and clinical settings, with faculty and staff in our workplace, and with our partners and community stakeholders regionally, nationally and internationally. The document includes helpful information on promoting a healthy workplace including workplace civility, conflict resolution and more!

For more information, the document is available here. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the SWBC chairs, Jessica Wyllie (wylliej2@macewan.ca) and Sara Bevan (BevanS3@macewan.ca).