Home » Media News Stories

Media Scan: February 4 – 10, 2019

Faculty in the News

630 CHED – LGBTQ activists are furious over John Carpay – Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed about John Carpay’s discriminatory viewpoints.

Star Metro – Lindsay Shepherd successful because she’s a “young white female face”: professor – Dr. Kris Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this article.

Gizmodo – A fish just passed a mirror test for self awareness, but what does that mean? – Dr. Trevor Hamilton, associate professor, psychology, commented on this research project.

City TV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about extremist political viewpoints.

CTV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, commented on Mandel’s five-year ban from running in an election.

Global TV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, commented on Mandel’s five-year ban from running in an election.

General Stories in the News

Edmonton Journal – MacEwan launches inaugural celebration of Black History Month.

CTV – A feature on MacEwan University’s inaugural celebration of Black History Month. This clip is not available

Gateway – Q&A: changes to the Canada Food Guide – The Gateway spoke with Sabina Valentine, a registered dietician and instructor at both the University of Alberta and MacEwan University, to talk about major overhauls to the Canada Food Guide that have been made for the first time since 2007.

Calgary Herald – Edmonton not kicking Calgary’s butt when it comes to urban renewal.

Arts and Culture in the News

CTV – A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Guest director Chris Bullough and two student actors are interviewed about the production.

CBC –  What to do in Edmonton this weekend – A Midsummer Night’s Dream is featured in this roundup.

St. Albert Gazette – Mezzo Madness – Renée Brad, who teaches voice in Theatre Arts, is featured in this article.

Griffins in the News

Queen’s edge the Griffins