Home » Campus Services

Students bring new food delivery service to campus

We all have to eat, but sometimes it’s difficult to find time in our day to visit Explore India for samosas or OVEN for a fresh slice of pizza. Enter StudentsEAT — a student-run startup that brings food to you, anywhere on campus.

StudentsEAT was founded by MacEwan School of Business students Ismail Khalil and Sagar Dasaur. In January 2018 they approached MacEwan Eats to form a pilot partnership. The new service enables you to order whatever you’re craving without getting up from your desk! StudentsEAT’s menu includes a large selection of items from on-campus eateries including OVEN, Towers and SEASON. A hungry campus community has been a crucial part of StudentsEAT’s growth and success, but Ismail also attributes much of their progress to support from MacEwan—or “HQ” as they call it.

“The help that MacEwan has given us is so inspiring,” says Ismail. In addition to MacEwan Eats’ support, the student startup has been encouraged by MacEwan’s Social Innovation Institute and Roundhouse — MacEwan’s social innovation coworking space, where they’re now based. Beyond serving food to the campus community, StudentsEAT is also creating new employment opportunities: their entire delivery agent team is made up of MacEwan students.

“For our team, it’s really important we give back to students,” says Ismail. “We have over 85 students working for us now, between the campuses we serve.”

“These students have created something significant,” says Susan Cooper, senior manager of Hospitality Services. “A business created by students, serving students, employing students and working with our Food Services team. It’s been so motivating to work with them these past few months.”

StudentsEAT delivery agents will be taking over campus this semester, running meals to busy faculty, staff and students. Visit StudentsEAT.ca to place your first order.