Home » Media News Stories

Media Scan: Jan. 7 – 13

Faculty in the News

CBC Calgary – This is me and I’m proud of it: Gender neutral pricing at Calgary salon aims for inclusion, equity: Dr. Kristopher Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this article.

CTV Calgary – Priest claims rainbow flag created by Satan: Dr. Kristopher Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this article.

St. Albert Gazette – Residents have their say on policing priorities: Dr. Kristopher Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this article.

Star Metro Calgary – Calgary priest under fire for homophobic remarks: Dr. Kristopher Wells, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this article.

CBC – Don’t dismiss them as crackpots: Who are Canada’s yellow-vest protestors?: Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed for this story.

CBC – Irfan Chaudhry, director, Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity, was interviewed about how social media helps spread racism.

The Province – McBain Camera snapped by up by London Drugs: Photography instructor Jason Symington was interviewed for this article.

General Stories in the News

University Affairs – Christi Belcourt and Isaac Murdoch create mural for MacEwan University: Keestin O’Dell, student engagement advisor, kihêw waciston Indigenous Centre, was interviewed for this feature.

CBC – Date set for first round of plagued LRT testing

Arts and Culture in the News

Edmonton Journal – From Helsinki to home: A feature on music student Sean Croal, whose mother and uncle are both MacEwan grads.

Griffins in the News

Red Deer Advocate – Queens fall 3 -1 to the Griffins