Home » University News

Board of Governors Research Chair applications open

The MacEwan University Board of Governors Research Chair program is for faculty who have demonstrated or who have shown potential for exceptional scholarly distinction. MacEwan Research chairs contribute to building the research culture at the university and are recognized in their discipline both nationally and internationally. Research chairs are role models who are leaders in their field of expertise, stimulate growth in research enterprise and are dedicated to the training of the next generation of highly qualified personnel.

These chairs will make significant contributions to the advancement of the Research Strategic Plan of MacEwan University and the development of a strong academic and scholarly culture both within the institution and beyond.

Applications are being accepted through the Online Grants Application system and are due by February 15.

Research Chair Guidelines

• A faculty member with a demonstrated excellence in scholarly or creative activity and outstanding leadership potential. The chair role is intended to assist faculty to further develop their capacity to produce internationally recognized scholarly or creative activity.
  • Must be a tenured faculty member.
  • The term of the chair is for two years and is non-renewable.
  • The chair holders will receive a one-time $5,000 research grant for the tenure of their award and are not entitled to apply for other internal research funding.
    • The chair is entitled to three course releases per year (July 1 to June 30) during the tenure of the award.