Home » Continuing Education

Let learning something new be your New Year’s resolution

Register now in these upcoming professional development courses:

Requirements Life Cycle Management: Jan. 18-19
Requirements can change at any time. Priorities, market factors, new information or solution offerings can all affect requirements. Business analysts need to be able to properly manage changes to requirements and designs. Learn how to assess changes to requirements as they occur.

Foundations of Leadership: Jan. 22
Explore your leadership strengths and gaps and create a development plan to enhance your competencies.

The Basics of Project Management: Jan. 22
Gain an understanding of the project characteristics, along with the five Project Management Process Groups: Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling and Closing to enhance overall performance and the success of projects in any organization or industry.

The Art of Management and Supervision: Jan. 23
Enhance your supervisory and management skills with principles and strategies to motivate and lead your team.

Effective Business Writing: Jan. 24
Are you known for your excellent grammar? Do your colleagues compliment you on the way you write and format business letters? If you can’t say yes to these questions, enroll in this one-day course and you will be amazed at how much you learn.

Strategic Project Management: Feb. 4-6
Discover how project governance tools can help you support your organization’s values and goals.

Remember, you can use your Access to University Learning Activities Fund, your Career Development Fund or Faculty Development Fund to take any class. See Professional Development under the Human Resources section of myPortal.MacEwan.ca for more information.