Home » Media News Stories

Media Scan: October 22 – November 4

Faculty in the News

CBC – Dr. Kris Wells, Department of Child and Youth Care was interviewed  about false or misleading statements about the cancellation of a pride reception.

CBC – Dr. Jessica Haines, biological sciences, was interviewed about squirrel anatomy and what may suggest the abnormality in the squirrel’s chest area.

Vue Weekly – Dr. Junaid Jahangir, economics, wrote an op/ed about the NDP Bill against Conversion Therapy.

Global TV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science was interviewed about the Alberta Party.

Global TV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science was interviewed about the NDP Convention.

Alberta Primetime – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, politic science, appeared on a panel to discuss his appointment to the NMUN and provincial politics. This clip is not available

General Stories in the News

Business in Edmonton – The Earth Group joins MacEwan University’s Social Innovation Institute as the Social Entrepreneur in Residence.

CBC – MacEwan student, Bailey Cody, who relies on DATS, says inconsistent service has made her late for classes many times.

Star Metro – Alberta university students flood minister with mail asking for stable student tuition MacEwan student, Andrew Bieman, helped deliver the boxes of mail to the minister.

Vue Weekly – Keestin O’Dell of MacEwan University’s kihêw waciston Indigenous Centre Explains How Stereotypical Costumes Are Harmful to Indigenous Peoples

Edmonton Journal – NDP introduce policy to cap tuition feesPresident Saucier is quoted in the article

Edmonton Journal – Indigenous artists create painting for MacEwan University, plea to end resource extraction

Global TV – Painting with climate change message takes shape at MacEwan University’s Indigenous Centre

Griffins in the News

Pipestone Flyer – NAIT Ooks to face MacEwan Griffins on Falun Rink