Home » Media News Stories

MacEwan in the news: February 12 – March 4

Faculty in the news

Huffington Post – Love the sinner, hate the sin, is an empty slogan: A comment piece by Junaid Jahangir, economics, that addresses the firing of a Catholic pastoral worker who is in a same-sex relationship.
CTV – Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about Leg TV.
CTV – Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about the Alberta Party leadership race. This clip is not available.
CBC – Cynthia Puddu, physical education, was interviewed about her research project Voices from the streets. Voices from the streets is a based on stories from homeless youth in Edmonton.

Arts and Culture in the News

Real Estate Development – Creative Collide. A profile of Allard Hall, one of Bing Thom’s final projects.
Globe and Mail – Six projects that are reshaping downtown Edmonton. This article features Allard Hall and an interview with Allan Gilliland, Faculty of Fine Arts and Communications.

General Stories in the News

Edmonton Journal – This country is racist. MacEwan University’s panel discussion examined the Colten Boushie killing.
630 CHED – An interview with the 2018 Allard Chair in Business, Teresa Spinelli. The interview starts at the 2:00 minute mark.
Metro – Advocacy group wants to bring bikeshare to Edmonton. MacEwan University is working with the group’s organizers.
Academica Top Ten – Irfan Chaudhry has been appointed Director of the Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity at MacEwan University. 

Griffins in the News

Windspeaker – When one door closed, another opened for Lamothe. A feature of Griffins hockey player Nakehko Lamothe.
CTV – A feature on cross-country athlete Ryan Lawley who was a policeman for 13 years before returning to school.