Home » Student News

NEW! Student Success Services department and peer writing tutor program

Student Affairs is delighted to announce our new Student Success Services department, which will include the Writing Centre and a peer writing tutor program where students can connect with other students in a supportive learning community.

Joining the department are two full-time professional instructional designers with expertise in adult learning, information management, resource curation and design, student success strategies, and student tutor training. These professionals will train and mentor peer tutors and will be on hand to provide additional guidance to the tutor and student when such support is needed.

Students who would like to improve their writing or general study strategies are invited to drop in to the Writing Centre during posted drop-in hours. (The schedule will be available starting September 6 on MacEwanWorks.MacEwan.ca)

Recruitment is underway for peer tutors, and we would like your help! Faculty members are invited to put forward names of particularly strong third- and fourth-year students they feel would make excellent tutors in the areas of writing and general study strategies. Co-curricular recognition will be available for those who complete the mandatory training and serve the required minimum hours of peer tutoring (two hours per week for 10 weeks).

If you have any questions, please contact Geneve Champoux at champouxg@macewan.ca or 780-497-5877.