Home » Student News

Awards available for Ukrainian Language and Culture spring program in Lviv

Awards available for a three-credit course of Ukrainian language and culture offered by MacEwan’s partner university in Lviv, Ukraine

Application deadline: March 1, 2017

Ukrainian Resource and Development Centre (URDC) is happy to announce that Ukrainian Catholic University (UCU), one of our official partner universities in Lviv, western Ukraine, will hold its three-week International Spring Program of Ukrainian Language and Culture from May 8 to 27, 2017.

The course provides a rigorous study of the Ukrainian language as well as a diverse cultural program. The course syllabus is adapted to the needs of the participants and their language level, determined by a placement test on the first day of the program. The cultural program includes tours of Lviv and its museums and exhibitions, concerts, theatre performances, traditional workshops (art, cooking, etc.), film screenings, lectures about Ukrainian politics, history and current events as well as a weekend tour out of the city. Therefore, the course consists of 60 contact hours (one academic hour = 45 min) of 30 morning language classes, 14 hours of tutoring and 30 hours of evening activities. The course is officially recognized by MacEwan as a three-credit course, which can be applied to your degree program.

Tuition fees, accommodation, food and local travel in Ukraine are covered by UCU, so students are responsible for airfare only. This summer, UCU will host two students from MacEwan. The top two ranked applicants will each receive a $1,500 award from the Ukrainian Foundation for College Education (UFCE) to offset travel costs (airfare is approximately $1,500).

For details of the program, please visit http://www.studyukrainian.org.ua/en/programs/ukrainian-spring.

Application process

For more information and to access the application process, please visit the MacEwan Education Abroad site.

Questions?

If you have any questions about the application and selection process, please contact MacEwan International at studyabroad@macewan.ca or 780-497-5397.