Home » General News, Student News

MacEwan University establishes admission application deadlines

college-application-submissionOn October 1, we opened the admission intake for Fall 2015. Prospective students are now eligible to apply to their desired program for Fall 2015.

With the opening of the intake, we wish to advise the university community of a significant change in the application process. The university has adopted application deadlines for ministry approved programs. For prospective students applying to the Fall term of the 2015/16 academic year and onwards, they will be required to submit their applications by one of the newly established application deadlines, March 30 or June 30. Open Studies will continue to have a later deadline, which is presently set as the Add/Drop Deadline for each term. A list of programs and their corresponding application deadlines for the Fall 2015 term is available online via the Program Availability chart on the Admissions webpage.

This action will ensure greater transparency for prospective students of MacEwan University’s application deadlines. Also, the decision to establish application deadlines will support another initiative of the group, which is to move the university towards a competitive admission practice that is more in line with the traditional competitive model, ensuring the best students are admitted to the university. This is a shift from the current practice in which applicants are admitted on a first-qualified, first-admitted basis with a higher admission requirement. Any changes to the competitive admission practice will be implemented in the 2016/17 academic year.

Application deadlines for the Winter and Spring terms will be established in the coming weeks.