Home » General News, Student News

Exam Services for online learners

A centralized, university-wide exam services centre will be coordinated and staffed to support distance (eCampusAlberta) online and print examinations (using Rooms 9-204 and 6-224). Petrina Ferreira has been hired as Exam Services manager, and Kris Reay and Shahram Fardadvand have been hired as exam technicians.

Additionally, online booking software that integrates into Blackboard and the portal will be implemented to facilitate self-service exam booking for students.

Online booking is being implemented in stages:

• September 15 – Online booking opened for Faculty of Health and Community Studies (HCS), Centre for Professional Nursing Education distance program areas: Cardiac, Critical Care, Disability Management, ER, Occupational Health, Perioperative Nursing (LPN and RN), Post-Basic Gerontology, UT (HLSC), and Wound Management.
  • October 1 – Online booking opens for Faculty of Arts and Science distance courses: Anthropology, Economics, English, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology
  • Roll-out for exam services for School of Business, Faculty of Fine Arts and Communications, and remaining HCS distance courses will take place in the Winter 2015 term.

For more information on Exam Services, contact Petrina Ferreira at 780-497-5717 or ferreirap1@macewan.ca.