Home » Health and Wellness

Massage therapy patients needed

The Massage Therapy Teaching Clinic has relocated to City Centre Campus, 9-310A, and massage appointments are now being scheduled.

The first portion of the clinic will run on consecutive Thursdays, from September 11 to October 16, 2014. We are looking for patients with neck, back and upper extremity problems. Patients must commit to attend the entire block of approximately one-hour appointments (six weeks) with the same student. The cost for the six-week series is $100 total, payable on the first day. We accept debit, MasterCard, Visa and Amex. We are not able to offer refunds or make-up appointments for missed appointments.

The second portion of the clinic will run on October 23 and 30. Students will provide approximately one-hour individual wellness and therapeutic massages to patients. The cost is $20 per session.

The third portion of the clinic will run on November 13, 20, and 27. Students will provide approximately one-hour pregnancy and pediatric massage to patients. We are looking for low-risk pregnant patients in their second or third trimester, and children from 6 months to 14 years of age to experience the benefits of massage therapy. There is no cost for these treatments; in lieu of payment we will be accepting food donations to benefit the MacEwan University Student Food Bank.

Appointment times  are: 9:15 a.m, 10:45 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 3:15 p.m., and 4:45 p.m.

Please contact us at massageclinic@macewan.ca or phone 780-497-4102 for more information or to book your appointment(s).