**The call for WILU 2013 hosts has now closed. Thank you to all who submitted a host proposal.**
Procedures for Submitting a Proposal to Host Workshop for Instruction in Library Use (WILU) 2013
- The University or Chief Librarian or Director of Libraries of the interested institution will apply in writing by December 9, 2011.
- The proposal will be addressed to the University/Chief Librarian or Director of Libraries of the institution that is hosting the conference the year that the proposal is submitted.
- Proposals will be approximately one page in length and should address the selection criteria.
- Normally, WILU travels back and forth across Canada to ensure that participants from all regions have an opportunity to attend without long-distance travel; this pattern is flexible and all interested hosts will be considered.
- Institutions interested in hosting must have the support of their University or Chief Librarian or Director of Libraries.
- Applicants should demonstrate enough local interest to staff a conference committee.
- Institutions should have suitable conference facilities.
- Institutions must be able to offer all delegates accommodations, either on campus or in the vicinity of the conference facilities.
- In the case of multiple applicants for the same year, preference may be given to institutions who have never hosted WILU or who have hosted it less recently than others.
Refer to the WILU History page for an overview of WILU values and past conference themes.
Successful applicants will be notified by December 15, 2011.
Note: The Chair or Co-Chairs of WILU 2013 will become members of the WILU 2012 Programming and Steering Committees. The Chair or Co-Chairs of WILU 2013 are expected to attend WILU 2012.