Home » COVID-19 Updates

COVID-19 update: Changes to building access and clearing out workspaces

To protect the health and safety of people on campus and the security of our facilities, several changes have been put in place. These include having employees work from home wherever possible or practical and reducing the footprint of our operations to Buildings 6 and 7 by limiting access to other campus buildings.

Accessing workspaces to prepare for working at home: Friday, April 3

Campus buildings will remain open next week for employees to access workspaces. However, Friday, April 3 between 7 a.m and 6 p.m. has been set aside for employees to collect any personal belongings and materials they may need to work from home until the university resumes normal operations.

Please follow these guidelines for accessing your workspace:

1. Do not come to campus if you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
      2. Remember to bring your access card/key card
      3. Enter the building that your workspace is in through the doors listed below, as movement on the second floor between buildings will be restricted.
        – Building 5: West side manual door (access from 106 street turnaround parking)
        – Building 6/7: North and South clock tower doors
        – Building 8: East side manual door (access from 108 street turnaround parking)
        – Robbins: South-east doors (corner of 109 street and 104 avenue)
        – Allard Hall: North door (facing Residence)
      4. Please go directly to your workspace and remember to maintain appropriate physical distancing.
      5. Retrieve your belongings. In addition to personal items and any materials (books, files, etc.), you need to work from home, you may take your computer, monitor(s), keyboard, mouse and foot rest. Furniture and chairs must remain at the university. Visit the Health, Safety and Environment Google site for information on setting up your home office and best practices regarding ergonomics.
      6. Please leave the building through the designated door.

Parking

• Parking will be available on all MacEwan surface lots. Parking on surface lots will be free from March 30 – April 3.
    • The West Parkade will be open to monthly and daily parkers.
    • The City Centre underground parkade will be open during building
    • hours for monthly passholders only.
    • There will be no access to the Robbins or Allard Hall underground parkades.

A reminder that you can cancel your parking at any time. Contact Transportation Services.

Accessing buildings after April 3

• Starting April 4, employees who do not have a building access card can request entry to campus buildings by going to the building’s designated access door and calling Security at 780-497-5554.
    • Staff who have an EBI access card can enter on their own, but must notify Security (call 780-497-5554) when they enter and leave the building.
    • Employees who require regular access should contact their dean/out of scope supervisor to get approval for an EBI access card which will allow access during building hours unless otherwise required/specified.
    • Buildings 6 and 7 will remain open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
    • Access to the City Centre Campus Library will be limited to the Tech Support section of the library (second floor, east side). Access to the space will be via the spiral staircase at the 107 street (clock tower) entrance.
    • Classrooms 7-142 and 7-185 will be open for study space. Classrooms have been set up to conform with social distancing standards.

Updates will be posted on the university website at MacEwan.ca/coronavirus.