Home » Training

Now via webinar: Job Search 101 Lunch-and-Learn sessions

NOTE: These sessions will now be offered via webinar. 

MacEwan University and the MacEwan Staff Association (MSA) recognize that improving job-search skills is something that is an area of interest and importance to many of our staff. We want to support you in skill development and invite all interested staff to attend the following Job Search 101 Lunch-and-Learn sessions that aim to improve your skills in the job search process.

To register, log in to MacEwanLife and search for the session that you are interested in under HR Courses.

Job Search in the Internet Age

Networking is more important than ever and leveraging the internet is critical to an effective job search. This session will give you a guide for a successful job search, especially in the modern job market which relies heavily on the internet and social media.

• April 7, 12–12:50 p.m.

Resume and Cover Letter Writing

Resumes and cover letters are essential marketing tools. There are many ways to write resumes and cover letters, but you must make yours unique to you. This session will help you to write and leverage your resume and cover letter when marketing yourself.

• March 26, 12–12:50 p.m.
  • April 16, 12–12:50 p.m.

Interview Skills

Preparation is fundamental to success in interviews and answering questions requires a strong understanding of your skills, knowledge and experiences. This session will help you prepare for interviews, understand the interview process, and go through common interview questions.

• April 1, 12–12:50 p.m.
  • April 22, 12–12:50 p.m.

These sessions will be facilitated by Morneau-Shepell, our Employee and Family Assistance Plan (EFAP) provider. For individual support with career planning, job search, or any other services provided as part of EFAP, please contact 1-800-387-4765 or visit www.workhealthlife.com.