Home » University News

Announcing MacEwan’s sixth president and vice-chancellor

It is my pleasure, on behalf of the MacEwan University Board of Governors, to welcome Dr. Annette Trimbee as MacEwan University’s sixth president and vice-chancellor effective August 1, 2020.

Dr. Trimbee is a highly regarded senior administrator who will come to us from The University of Winnipeg (UWinnipeg) where she has served as president and vice-chancellor since 2014. The full story on Dr. Trimbee, including her academic qualifications, can be found on our website at MacEwan.ca/news.

On campus, Dr. Trimbee will focus on engagement with staff, faculty and students and inspire our community with the MacEwan story – all while producing graduates who will bring about their own transformational changes. During this period of change in Alberta’s post-secondary sector, Dr. Trimbee’s unique combination of experience leading a well-regarded university and in the public service will be a great asset to MacEwan University.

The Board of Governors extends its appreciation to Acting President John McGrath who has done an exceptional job over the last year of stewarding MacEwan University through a time of significant change. Mr. McGrath will return to his role as vice-president, Resources and People in August at the commencement of Dr. Trimbee’s term. Upon her commencement, Dr. Trimbee will take up an academic appointment as professor, Department of Biological Sciences.

Please join me in welcoming Dr. Trimbee to MacEwan University. There will be opportunities to meet her in the coming months when she visits campus this spring and as she assumes her new role later in the summer.

Regards,

Carolyn Graham
Board Chair, MacEwan University