Home » Events

MacEwan hosts Help! Save Stan – Mar. 2

MacEwan University, Faculty of Nursing and the Faculty of Health and Community Studies will be hosting the 10th annual Help! Save Stan mini event on Monday, March 2 from 4:30 to 9 p.m. in the Robbins Health Learning Centre. The Clinical Simulation Centre team, along with partners in MacEwan’s social work and physical and occupational therapist assistant programs are preparing for the event.

Our major sponsor is Bell Let’s Talk, with additional support provided by Align VR, CAE Healthcare and PAWSS. This year we will have one scenario that includes a patient’s pet, as well as, virtual reality team-building experiences and augmented reality scenarios using holograph technology. The MacEwan Canadian Nursing Students Association has taken the lead on event volunteer coordination.

​The Interdisciplinary Health Education Partnership (IHEP) project is a joint initiative between Alberta Health Services, MacEwan University, NAIT, NorQuest College and the University of Alberta. The purpose of the Interdisciplinary Health Education Partnership (IHEP) is to develop and assess standardized interdisciplinary learning modules using simulation platforms. IHEP has designed and implemented a series of interdisciplinary health team simulations using standardized patients, high-fidelity mannequins and virtual world technology.

For the event’s 10th anniversary, the Interprofessional Healthcare Education Partnership (IHEP) decided to run two smaller events instead of one massive event where facilitators will come from across partner sites to support MacEwan student participation.

For information about the facilitator and event volunteer roles and responsibilities, or to learn about HELP! Save Stan and to register, please visit helpsavestan.ca.