Home » Employee Info, University News

Employees’ Code of Conduct online course

MacEwan University’s Employees’ Code of Conduct (the “code”) came into effect on July 1, 2019. It was developed in accordance with the province’s 2018 Conflicts of Interest Act and was approved by Alberta’s Ethics Commissioner. The code is important, as it establishes the ethical standards that the university expects of its employees in order to foster and sustain an environment of trust, collegiality and openness. It also ensures we meet our legislative requirements.

The code includes new and expanded disclosure requirements. To help facilitate a common understanding of these requirements, a short online course is now in place. The course is required for all continuing, recurring term and casual employees. At this time, sessional faculty are not required to complete the course.

The course will be available starting on Wednesday, February 5. Training must be completed by June 1, 2020. Completion statistics will be reported out to senior leaders monthly. Training will be offered biannually to ensure that we all maintain awareness of our responsibilities.

To access the eLearning Code of Conduct Course:
1. Log in to the MacEwan portal
2. Navigate to the Quick Links menu on the left side of the screen
3. Click on Blackboard Learn
4. Look for the My Courses box/module
5. Click on Code of Conduct 2020

More information on the Code, along with resource materials, can be found on myPortal under Human Resources – Information for Employees.

Direct any comments or questions regarding the Code of Conduct to codeofconduct@macewan.ca.