Home » Call for Nominations/Submissions

Board of Governors Research Chairs: Call opens Feb. 6

The Office of the Provost & Vice-President, Academic is soliciting internal applications for up to two MacEwan University Board of Governors Research Chairs in any discipline from MacEwan University. The research and/or creative activity must align with the goals outlined in the current Research Strategic Plan.

The MacEwan University Board of Governors Research Chair program is intended to support faculty who have demonstrated or shown potential for exceptional scholarly distinction through their capacity to produce internationally recognized scholarly or creative activity. MacEwan Research Chairs are role models who play leadership roles in their field of expertise, stimulate growth in research enterprise and are dedicated to the training of the next generation of highly qualified personnel. MacEwan Research Chairs contribute to building a strong academic and scholarly culture both within the institution and beyond to foster research, performance and other scholarly or creative activity.

Research Chair information and guidelines:

• Must be a tenured faculty member.
  • Must have demonstrated excellence in scholarly or creative activity and outstanding leadership potential.
  • The term of the chair is for two (2) years and is non-renewable.
  • Chairs will receive a one-time research grant of $5,000 for the tenure of their award and are not entitled to apply for other internal research funding.
  • The chair is entitled to three (3) course releases per year (July 1 to June 30) during the tenure of the award.

The call for applications will be open from February 6 to March 6, 2020.

The application form can be accessed via the “Research” tile in PeopleSoft, as of February 6.

Questions? Contact research@macewan.ca