Home » Employee Info

Voluntary Separation Incentive Program – reminder

On June 28, the university introduced the new Voluntary Separation Incentive Program (VSIP) for MSA members and Out of Scope employees. Under the program, continuing MSA and Out of Scope employees with four or more years of service can submit an application to leave their position and, if approved, receive a one-time separation payment. Employees whose applications have been approved cannot return to work for MacEwan University in any capacity (including casual or contract work) for 12 months following their last day of work. Voluntary separation programs are common throughout the public and private sectors. The program is a strategy that demonstrates responsible workforce management and fiscal prudence.

Application deadline: August 16, 2019

The details of the program, including eligibility, payment amounts, and how to apply are published on the university portal at myPortal.MacEwan.ca >> Departments >> Human Resources >> Information for employees

A series of information sessions has been scheduled to provide retirement planning, career transition and financial planning support. This information is also available on the university portal. Please email HRbenefits@macewan.ca to register for your preferred dates. If you have questions, please contact Karen Boros, director, Labour Relations and Employment Services at 780-497-5438 or borosk@macewan.ca.