Home » Media News Stories

Weekly Media Scan: April 8–15, 2019

Faculty in the News

Edmonton Journal – Edmonton researcher discovers site of adorned, sacrificial Guinea pigs in Peru Dr. Lidio Valdez, anthropology, had a part of his research project featured in this article. His research is part of a five-year project funded by the Social Sciences and Research Council of Canada.

CTV (From Friday, April 5) – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about the provincial election debate. Interview starts at 5:32

City TV – Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed about the provincial election polling numbers

CBC – What do Ikea, the airport and Telus World of Science have in common? Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, commented on additional options for advanced voting.

Star Edmonton – It will be a battle for every vote in Lesser Slave Lake Dr. Chaldeans Mensah, political science, was interviewed for this story.

CBC@Noon – Dr. John Soroski, political science, was interviewed about the provincial election. This clip is not available

Daze Magazine – What makes Muslims speak out about Christchurch but ignore Brunei Dr. Junaid Jahangir, economics, wrote an op/ed about the regime in Brunei that has severe penalties for homosexuality, including the death penalty.

660 NEWS in Calgary – McGill name change could open doors for name change in Edmonton Eskimos: professor Dr. Kris Wells, faculty of Health and Community Studies, was interviewed for this story.

General Stories in the News

Global TV – Hateful comments from candidates not hurting UCP voter support Irfan Chaudhry, director, OHRDE, was interviewed for this story.

Edmonton Journal – Ethnic traditions are woven into Edmonton’s contemporary dance and music community One of the events is in the Theatre Lab, Allard Hall.

CBC – ‘Ghost dogs’ hit the tracks on Edmonton new art train Halie Finney, is a graduate of the MacEwan University’s Fine Arts program