Training: From Unconscious Bias to Conscious Inclusion
As part of MacEwan’s commitment to equity and inclusion, staff and faculty are invited to take part in this workshop hosted by the Office of Human Rights, Diversity, and Equity.
This workshop provides an overview of how unconscious bias can seep into everyday interactions, and explores what we can do to build the capacity to think and act with the conscious intent for inclusion.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Understand what unconscious bias is
- Understand how unconscious bias can impact various academic, peer review, and/or selection processes
- Integrate methods for mitigating the influence of unconscious bias
- Jan. 9, 10 – 11:30 a.m., 10-685
- Feb. 13, 10 – 11:30 a.m., 10-685
- March 13, 10 – 11:30 a.m., 10-685
- April 10, 10 – 11:30 a.m., 10-685
- May 8,10 – 11:30 a.m., 10-685
- June 12, 10 – 11:30 a.m., 10-685
Register using the Unconscious Bias Training Form.
Participating in this workshop is required for anyone who will be a part of a job selection committee. If you have any questions, please contact Irfan Chaudhry, director for the Office of Human Rights, Diversity and Equity at Irfan.Chaudhry@MacEwan.ca or email our office at email@example.com.