Home » Media News Stories

MacEwan in the news: Sept. 24 – Oct. 8

Faculty in the News

Academica Top Ten – MacEwan applies restorative justice to plagiarism MacEwan’s Academic Integrity Coordinator Paul Sopcak was interviewed for this story.

St. Albert Gazette – Neill Fitzpatrick, Bachelor of Communication Studies was interviewed about the challenges facing community newspapers.

CBC – Tricia Lirette, chair, Human Services and Early Learning was interviewed about educational assistants. This clip is not available

General Stories in the News

Global TV – The grand opening of the MacEwan University Health Centre

Edmonton Journal – Universities collaborate to create Alberta’s first clinical-education facility.

Edmonton Journal – MacEwan University’s Columbia Avenue Pop-Up street party a rousing success

Edmonton Journal – Hang up ‘Indian’ Halloween costumes for good: Talk to honour Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls

CTV – A feature on the grand opening of the MUHC. This clip is not available

City TV – Keestin O’Dell, Indigenous Centre, was interviewed about his presentation regarding ‘Sexualizing Indigenous Women’ through Halloween costumes. This clip is not available

630 CHED – Irfan Chaudhry, director, Office of Human Rights and Dr. Sara Grewal, Department of English appeared on the Ryan Jespersen Show to promote the REEL Learning series. This clip is not available

630 CHED – Brad Galloway, keynote speaker, Understanding Hate, was interviewed by Ryan Jespersen about his past alt-right viewpoints and why he left the extremist group. This clip is not available

Arts and Culture in the News

Edmonton Journal – Video games, Latin grooves inspire new albums from two hot local hybrid groups All members are graduates of MacEwan’s music program.